Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sometimes I fly like an eagle ....

Listening to some John Denver in the car the other day, and the lyrics of his song "Looking For Space" really struck a chord with me. There have been so many ups and downs with this adoption that I truly feel like I'm riding the proverbial emotional roller coaster. Here are a few of his words that rang true for me:

All alone in the universe, sometimes that's how it seems
I get lost in the sadness and the screams
Then I look in the center, suddenly everything's clear
I find myself in the sunshine and my dreams
And I'm looking for space
And to find out who I am
And I'm looking to know and understand

It's a sweet, sweet dream
Sometimes I'm almost there
Sometimes I fly like an eagle
And sometimes I'm deep in despair

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...