Monday, December 22, 2008

In Like Flinnski

So I had the meeting with our school's principal today and he was great and assured me that my kids could start school there. The plan is that the 1st or 2nd week the school is back in session, they will contact me about class placement. The kids arrive home 1/9, and on 2/9 ( a Monday) they will begin school. I will ask that they be on kind of an "audit" status for the remainder of the trimester, with no tests or homework, just so they can absorb as much language as possible and learn the routine. Then they will try their hand at full-blown student status for the last trimester and see how they do. By the time they start beginning of next school year in September, they should have enough English under their respective belts to hit the ground running.

What a relief. Last Friday's meeting was so upsetting to be told my kids couldn't attend school there, but now I'm starting to feel like everything is in place for them. Their rooms are ready, there are some clothes in their closets, school has a greenlight, plane tickets are purchased for their flights home, and their Christmas shopping is done. Soon I'll see their sweet faces, and will be able to tuck them in at night in their own beds in their own home with their forever family. All is right ....

1 comment:

julieinmaine said...

what a relief! You will soon be able to just love and raise those kids instead of riding on this rollercoaster! It wont be long now! I'm sure you are all counting down the days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...