Tuesday, January 6, 2009

By phone last night, but face-to-face Friday

Got to speak to my kids on the phone last night. 10pm our time, 9am their time, I called Gratch and spoke to him a bit about how the process is going and what they've been up to. He tells me they went to the circus yesterday, and today they'll go see a movie after the business of the day is behind them. At one point, Julia figured out it was me that Gratch was talking to, and I heard her get all excited and ask to speak to Mama. So he put her on the phone and she said "Hi Mama!" She still can't say much in English, but I think she can understand just a bit, so I talked to her about coming home soon, coming to America, seeing Mama and Papa in a few days, etc. Then she put Borya on, and we repeated the whole process. Gratch tells me they've been good, but I just know he's gotta be lying to me b/c I'm sure they must be busting out of their skin with excitement. So close for them, and yet still so far away. Hard to be in that predicament when you're 10.

2 comments:

julieinmaine said...

Yes, I can't imagine how it must feel for them! It sounds like he is doing a great job of keeping them busy!
blessings,
julie in maine

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

I can attest to the fact that these are two of the best behaved most pleasant natured kids I've ever seen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...