Thursday, July 21, 2011

And Now The Work Begins

Three days away with my girls.
Then four days away with the whole fam-damily.

Good times, good times.

But now the work begins.

The bottom and sides of the pool resemble a kiwi in color and texture.

The landscaping around the pool and the rest of the house? Nothing short of tropical. Though to drive past the rows upon rows of corn withering in their fields in NY state, this seems to defy the laws of nature, whatever they may be.

There are weeds taller than I am. Weeds choking out flowers, choking out trees, wrapping their tendrils around pool chairs to pull them back into the thick tangle and never be seen again.

They frighten me.

There are weeds in my vegetable garden, too. At least the ones around the pool patio and growing around the foundation of the house I can spray evil poisonous weed killer on in the hopes of chokng them out. Not so in my veggie garden. Nope. I've gotta pull all those bad boys up BY HAND thank you very much. Course, if I had done things right the first time and laid ground cloth down between the rows, I wouldn't have had this problem. But nooooooo. I left that step out and now I'm cryin' the blues.
































I've also got dog poo out the wa-zoo (catchy little rhyme, no?).
The dogs, for some reason, decided while we were gone that it was just too much trouble to walk alllll the way to the back yard to leave their deposits. They've changed things up a bit and are now pooping all over the white stones surrounding the deck. So I spent the better part of my morning picking up the dried up poo from the four dogs we left at the house while sweat literally poured from my face, nearly blinding me in the process.

So my first day back from vacation was non-stop fun, between unpacking, doing laundry, pulling weeds, spraying weeds, scrubbing the pool, picking up poo, and running kids to appointments.

I'd like to say I need a vacation, but it's just too much work.






Will you vote for me out of pity? Just click the brown button (like dog poo) and you've automatically voted.
Thanks. I feel better already.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...