Monday, August 29, 2011

Just When I Thought That I Was Out, They Pull Me Back IN.








We were ready for the first day of school.

Sooooo ready.

Projects and assignments done.
Backpacks loaded with supplies.
Laundry washed, first day outfits selected.
Contracts, forms, lunch menu selections completed and handed in.
Teachers met, schedules received.

Ready.

My quota of how many arguments I could hear, how many disputes I could resolve, was filled. Stick a fork in me. I was done. Well done. Burned to a crisp done.

But we had only hours to go till bedtime on First day of School Eve. I would make it, even if I was crawling to the finish line in tatters.

And then.

The dreaded automated phone call from the school's dean of students:

"Good evening parents of Mwah-Mwah Charter School. Due to transportation concerns and power outages, school for Monday, September 29th, has been cancelled."






















Do I have your sympathy? Thank you.
Do I have your vote? Yes? Thanks so much. Just one little click of this brown button is all it takes.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!


godfather image courtesy Amazon.com
Screaming woman image coourtesy florida101.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Rooster Inn said...

Oh My! You have my deepest sympathy, and I know what you are talking about...hoping all your school bus dreams come true tomorrow.

Anne Birdsong said...

Don't get me wrong, I love my little creatures. But that first day of school is so......
And then they took it from me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...