Saturday, September 3, 2011

Disaster

My house is a disaster.

It is messy. It is dirty. There are stacks of papers that need tending. The garden is full of weeds. There is dog hair in every nook and cranny.

I am a mess, as well. Although I must say I have been finding the time to shower and put on clean clothes and wear undergarments of a supportive nature.

Usually.


Why this neglect of house and home and self?

I was working on, but have now finally finished....

MY BOOK.


That's right. For the last year and a half I have been working on writing a book.
















The first draft is now finished.

I sent my first official query letter to an agent on Thursday, September 1st.

I am expecting my first rejection letter in just a few short weeks.

I will frame it and hang it on a wall.


I know there is still much work to be done with making changes to the first draft and sending out query letters, but I must say I am glad I have made it this far. There were times I doubted that I could.

But I have received so many warm, encouraging comments from my readers to do this.

I wanted to honor that.

And James has made so much progress in becoming part of our family.

I wanted to honor that.

James would ask me now and then how the book was coming along. To him, it's been extremely important that this story be told. He wants others to see that it can be done. With love, and patience, and persisitence, it can be done.

And I wanted to honor that.









Just like you honor me by keeping me in about the top 1 to 1-1/2 % of the blogs on Top Mommy Blogs every time you click this button to vote for me. Thank you!
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!



Image courtesy chrislovesyo.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! don't be discouraged, the publishing world is rough. My husband runs a website for writers, lots of useful info, check it out: www.bksp.org

GOOD LUCK!
~Sharlotte

Anne Birdsong said...

Thanks Sharlotte! I am going to check out that website right now....

Anonymous said...

Chris said if you are interested in the forums section of the site, let me know and he'll setup an account for you. You don't need to subscribe ;) shar

alphamama said...

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations, I know how hard you've hard on this and I'm thrilled for you!!!! Can't wait to read it, my friend...it's just a matter of time until it's in print.

Anne Birdsong said...

Thanks Dee! Might be the only printing it sees is from Kinkos, but at least I did it.

Anne Birdsong said...

Too late, Sharlotte, already subscribed. But thanks anyway, and I know it will be money well-spent. Can't wait to get started!

Lanita said...

Congratulations!!!! I am getting ready to start on a book. I guess this means I won't be showering much.

Anne Birdsong said...

That's right, Lanita. Start embracing dirty socks and dog hair, now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...