Thursday, October 27, 2011

Small Triggers

This morning in Health class, my son got to sit in the classroom and glance awkwardly around, trying to avoid eye contact while all the other students were busy raising their hands.

This morning in Health class, my son's teacher attempted to teach her students about, I presume, relationships and attaching, and she illustrated her point by asking who remembered their mother giving them a blanket when they were little, or tucking them in, or snuggling with them.

This afternoon in my home, we had an episode. The episode began with balking when asked to do chores. The episode involved a state trooper. The episode ended with a very out-of-sorts boy spending most of the evening sitting on the floor with his head in my lap, barely able to function.

Small triggers open big wounds.

We'll keep trying to stitch them back up.






Thanks for voting.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!



Don't forget to add yourself as a follower!

4 comments:

Rooster Inn said...

Thinking about you, and hoping that each day is one day closer to all wounds being healed. Teachers can sometimes be so insensitive. hugs oxoxoxox

Anne Birdsong said...

Thanks Aunt Mary.....

Miss Meg said...

Bless his heart...

Molly said...

As a teacher, I try to be SO very aware of this stuff. After open house, I made no mention of people "looking just like their parents" because I know my adopted kids just don't need to hear that. I said something about how nice it was to meet all the parents.

We are also careful that we don't read any books that have to do with themes that might trigger anything if we know a child has a certain past. I'm sorry your son's teacher wasn't sensitive to this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...