Thursday, January 5, 2012

Proposal - Check!

In 2010, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to start writing a book.

Check.

In 2011, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to finish my book.

Check.

For 2012, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to land an agent or, failing that, start looking into self-publishing.

In progress.

While I've sent query letters out to a few agents, I've been kind of avoiding (OK, completely avoiding) any agents that include "proposals" as part of their submission guidelines. And I've been putting off creating a proposal like a college essay done the night before it's due.

But I've done it. I've finally done it. And the word according to Word is that I spent 799 minutes editing it and it is 46 pages and 9663 words long. This is just the proposal, people. Jheesh, no wonder I put it off for so long.










Ridiculous.

Anyway, now I have no more excuses, and I must proceed with submissions with reckless abandon.

Shoot, now I have nothing to hide behind.

Yikes.


To vote for me? You don't need to write 9663 words. Just click this brown button once. Thanks!
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Image courtesy: english.siuc.edu

4 comments:

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

beyond impressed.

Karon said...

Good for you. What a daunting task, but it will be well worth it. You have too many good things to say to let your voice be squelched by an intimidating propsal. Good luck with the next step. I am interested to see how this process works.

Anne Birdsong said...

Thanks for the support, guys. Will keep you posted....

Sarah said...

Wow! Good work so far, and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...