Saturday, January 3, 2009

One Step Closer to Home!




Just received word from Lori that my kids survived the flight from Ust Kamenogorsk to Almaty and seem to be doing fine. Now they just need to spend a few days running about taking care of business with the coordinator before they can board the Lufthanza flight that will take them home. Can't come soon enough! Here's the word from Lori, as well as some pictures:

Anne, the kids arrived safe and sound in Almaty. I am not sure if I will see them again but I was very glad to see them both in person. Julia is charming and seemed excited about her airplane adventures. Borya was much more serious. He stayed close to his sister. I felt like he was protecting her a bit. here are a few pics we snapped of them. I wish I could have gotten more but we were in the last row of the plane and they in the second row (you can see where the Printy's rate).
They are having a great adventure though. Julia just kills me. She is so wide eyed and tickled with all of it. I can tell she is loving it. Borya reminds me of my oldest. He is very sharp and always aware of what is happening. I actually had to tell him to smile in the picture by the baggage cart. I teased him by saying "I'm going to America" and that's when I got the smile. As wild a ride as this must be for them you can tell they are very excited to be heading home.

2 comments:

alphamama said...

Anne--The kids look great and you must be so excited to see them on their way to you at last! Congratulations!!!

julieinmaine said...

that is awesome news, Anne! I can imagine how excited everyone must be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...