Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tooth Fairy -- Friend or Foe?



Julie lost a baby tooth yesterday. Well, more accurately, she ripped it from her bleeding gums. We explained to her the concept of putting her tooth under her pillow when she went to bed, so the Tooth Fairy could come in the night and make the exchange. Her eyes widened as we talked and she finally blurted out, "Fairy, my room? Me sleeping? Noooooo!" Eventually we convinced her it would be OK and she was able to put the tooth in our little tooth box, put it under her pillow and drift off to sleep. When she woke, she found the tooth box still under her pillow and thought she'd been ripped off. But then she shook it and didn't hear any sound. Again with the eyes widening. She opened up the box to find a dollar in there in place of her tooth and that was all she wrote. Now she and the Tooth Fairy are best of friends. Perhaps I should pack away all the wrenches and pliers.

2 comments:

aultfamily said...

That is too funny! She's found an easy way to make some cold hard cash. Couldn't you have found a cuter fairy for your picture? LOL! :) I do remember using a pliers to pull quite a few of my own teeth. (The tying of the string around my tooth and shutting the door trick never worked for me.)

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Oh my I hope Julie isn't all gums in her next picture!

By the way that picture is really disturbing--tell Fred he should find another costume.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...