Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of School, First Day of Summer

The kids finished school last Thursday, so yesterday was the first Monday of summer break.

And since Bella takes summer school (now fancily called "extended school year"), today was her first day heading back to school. Poor thing, her backpack didn't even need dusting off.

But she has a great attitude about school and she marched merrily off.

The rest of the day, the beginning of our first full week of summer, didn't feel a whole heck of a lot different.

I still had a kitchen to clean up, tasks and chores to assign and supervise, grocery shopping, running the kids to dentist appts and friend's houses, weeds to pull, flowers to plant, mulch to spread, laundry to do, kids to yell at.




I also discovered a recipe for iced coffee from PW that looks mouth-wateringly delightful. So I started that last night and it steeped all night and this morning I'm going to strain it and chill it and I'm all ashiver with giddy anticipation for the finished product.


I'll let you know how it turns out. But I probably won't share.

Unless maybe you help me pull some weeds ....












Know what? I will give you free yummy PW iced coffee. But only if you vote for me. My ranking is slip slidin' away. I'm in the stinkin' 20s, gross! Please help me move back up by voting every day. Please? Thank you. Slurp.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!



Thank you Google images ....
http://images.wikia.com/coffee/images/e/e1/Iced-coffee.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...