Thursday, September 1, 2011

Peeling Potatoes. Or Not.

Saw this tip for peeling potatoes without actually peeling potatoes.



I believe I got it off a blog, but I can't remember whose blog it was, so I'm sorry for plagiarizing.









So naturally I had to try it. And I mean, how can you not trust Mary Ann, right?



But I ended up with goppy, potatoey, icy/hot hands, a bowl full of mushy peels, and pot full of undercooked potatoes which I then had to microwave b/c I had already thrown in some of the wet ingredients so I couldn't boil them longer and then I had to mash them FOREVER and still endeded up with lumpy mashed potatoes, not as in the old-school home-cooked like your Granny's mashed potatoes but as in who the hell made these potatoes, a CHILD? kind of mashed potatoes.



Needless to say... next time I need 5# of potatoes peeled, I'm going back to the tried and true:



"KIDS! Get your patooties in the kitchen and peel some potatoes!"



Works every time and my hands don't even get messy.



But go ahead and try Mary Ann's method. Whatever works for you, my friend. Who am I to judge?





Know what's easier than peeling or non-peeling potatoes? Voting for me. All it takes is one click of this brown button. Promise.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...