Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Adoption Tuesday

OK, here is another walk down memory lane. This is what we were doing on or about this date in Kazakhstan three years ago.....


This was a very special visit, actually, as it was the day we re-visited the Preschool Orphanage.
The highlight of the visit was when we went outside to revisit the playground where Bella and I spent so much time years ago. There was only one caregiver with her group of kids out at the time, and who do you think it was but Mama Lena!

She was Bella's caregiver when we were here in '03, and she remembered her! There were hugs all around, and she asked if I remembered our walks into the surrounding hills. How could I ever forget? Her charges today are younger than when she was Bella's groupa's Mama, they are maybe 3 or 4 yrs old. So little!


As we were talking, a tot waddled up, bundled from head to toe, and stood toe-to-toe with Bella, staring up into her face. Bella stared down at the child, not knowing what to say, and simply patted her on the head. She then wobbled over to me and put her arms up to be picked up. Fred muttered, "Watch it!", but I picked her up anyway and stared into her blue eyes while the tears slid out of mine. After a bit, I put her down, and she walked over to each person in our circle, arms outstretched, to be picked up. Even Bella and Julia took their turns. For all his gruff exterior, even Fred couldn't help smiling into her little face as he held her.

By the time we left I was a wreck; crying over the memory of my little Bella running around in the dirt of the play yard so many summers ago, crying over the love Mama Lena had then and still has today for the little ones under her watch, crying for the children so desperate for the love of a family, or the fleeting embrace and gaze of strangers. Fred worries needlessly about me asking him to do this again, but the truth is, my poor heart can't take it!






Hard to believe that was three years ago!!!
And hard to believe I'm back in the 20s again. Ick. Please vote everyday by clicking the brown botton? Thanks.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...