Monday, April 4, 2011

Handy Man


Step 1
Honey, can you come out to the barn today and just fix the bottom of the door to the Chick Shack so it will close properly?

Step 2
(Opening and closing door repeatedly) Sweetheart, this is wonderful! I don't know how you did that so quickly! It works beautifully now, thank you so much.
Before you go back in, can I just get you to consult on the Chicken Coop Proper? I'd love to run my plans by you so you can tell me if I'm doing things right. I've never really taken on a project this big and I would love to hear your thoughts.....

Step 3
You know, you are absolutely right, the automatic nailer thingy would make the job go a lot faster. Do you want to show me how to use it? I'm sure I can manage....Oh yes, you may be right. I'll just measure and cut these boards while you get everything in place and start nailing them in.

Step 4
I found this window in the rafters that I thought would be perfect to put by their nesting boxes so we can just lift it up and reach in for the eggs. Maybe if we just mark out where it's going to go, I can put it up another day .... oh you have hinges already? You sure you don't mind putting them in right now? Oh yes, that would be wonderful, just wonderful....

Step 5
Yes, I see we'll still need to do some trim work right there, and there's the matter of the chicken wire for the top and building the new gate, but we, I mean I, can work on that another day.
Thanks honey!!!!







If you'll just click this little brown button thingy right here, it will just take a second ....
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

2 comments:

Mommy used to be so pretty... said...

Yes.

YESSSSS!!!!

You know it, girl.

How do you think I got my husband to make dinner tonight!

Love, neighbor. ;)

Anne Birdsong said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...