Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Tooth Valet

The kids are getting so old, Fred said as he was geting ready for bed.

Ruh roh. What happened?

Well I went to check on all of them and to take care of the Tooth Fairy business like we talked about. And I said to him, 'Well, young man, I understand you lost a tooth this evening' and he said 'Yep' and he stretched his cheek just about over his ear to show me the new gap.

OK...

And so I said to him, Did you put your tooth under your pillow? But he just stopped in his tracks and gave me one of those looks and said, 'DAD'.

You mean one of those smug don't-you-dare-disrespect-me-by-presuming-I'm-still-a-child looks?

Yeah. One of those.

So then what?

Well, he said he left his tooth downstairs. So I said, well, OK then, I guess I'll say goodnight. And I reached out to shake his hand and I slipped him the dollar.

You mean like how you would tip a valet?

Yeah, I guess so.

Well. That's kinda sad. But maybe this will make things easier on us. Maybe from now on Santa can just slip each of them a Visa card.




Click the button. Then go brush your teeth.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...