Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week at a Glance

OK, I know I've made light of some of my school's calendar items, but this one takes the cake (or should I say the toast).

This particular calendar was actually from a couple weeks ago, but somehow I just never got around to blogging about it. But without further adieu, I give you,

Week at a Glance......

Monday
National Common Courtesy Day

How do you do?
Very well, thank you. How do YOU do?



Tuesday
International Goof Off Day

Feel like goin' to school today?
Nah, I'd rather sit home and goof off.



Wednesday
Toast Day

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up ....


Thursday
National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day

I have to wonder if this fell on the day that I dropped a Raisinet from my shirt while getting dressed.....


Friday
International Waffle Day

and......wait for it ......

Pecan Day

I think this is the special over at IHOP.


I'm guessing that each day a lesson is learned, a skill acquired, so that by Friday you can combine them all into this:

How do you do? Would you like me to treat you to breakfast?

Sure, let's goof off and skip school and head over to IHOP!

Shall I buy you some toast?

Don't feel like toast.

Shall I buy you some chocolate-covered raisins?

Uh-uh.

Some pecan-topped waffles, perhaps?

THAT'S IT!!!!!!



I think I get an A for the week, don't you?

Seriously, though, WTH?
Only thing I can figure is that I'm misreading these calendars. You know how you're not supposed to go grocery shopping if you're hungry b/c everything looks yummy and you buy way more than you need? Maybe I need to eat a nutritious meal before I download these calendars.

Maybe Toast Day was really Host Day in honor of our school's exchange students.

Could be that Chocolate Covered Raisin Day was actually Sustainable Grazing Day to teach our kids about agriculture.

Perhaps International Waffle Day and Pecan Day were really .....
OK, I got nothin'.


Today is International Click The Brown Button To Vote For Me Day.
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...